Tuesday 6 November 2012

Intense red? I don't think so ... [A 'Garnier Olia' review]

Yesterday I decided to dye my hair red. Last year I was a red head but decided to change to black because I didn't want to be a 'sheep'. Recently I have been growing the black out and dying it brown, so before I decided to change colour I was 'Ruby black' (Casting Creme Gloss - The BEST dye i have ever used! And smells great too!) Don't be fooled by it's name, it wasn't black - it was a reddish brown and not nearly as dark as it sounds. I've read a few articles and researched on google whether it would be worth it to strip my hair colour so that the red would stick and of course everyone recommended it! I used B4 Colour (which absolutely reeks - if you want to smell like someone has farted on your head then thats the hair remover to go for) which worked amazingly well and changed me to a blondy brown. Before I applied the red I made sure to read the leaflet and it did say that I could dye my hair immediately after. So thats what I did. Now whether I should have waited for a couple of days or whether the dye is actually rubbish; I dont know. As you can see in the picture my roots are fairly reddish however, the majority of my hair has gone dark brown!?! This is definitely not the result I wanted ...
When I first saw this dye advertised on TV I thought 'Great! No more ammonia!' and I loved the colour on the box. The application of it is very easy and the mess is limited, but the downfall is that the colour dosent deliver and it is quite expensive (£6.99 a box). This is a hair dye that does NOT do what it says on the box. In my opinion, if you are deciding to go an outstanding/bright colour then I would stick to the ones that work such as LIVE XXL or Casting Creme Gloss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment